Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Pray for Dave in Senegal: Day 1 - May 14


I ask for your prayers today. If all goes well, I will be flying across the Atlantic Ocean today to begin a ministry in Senegal. This will be my eighth trip to the Casamance region, sharing Christ with a UUPG (basically, a people group where there was no gospel witness previously) called the Essing, or Ehing people. I'd been going twice a year until my health problems last year. Now, it has been almost 15 months since I walked in the villages. I'm not sure what has happened in the meantime. Pray that God would bless this ministry.

The Ehing people live in 7 villages about halfway between Ziguinchor and the coast, not far from the Guinea Bissau border.

They are five hours ahead of Sioux City, so at 7 AM here it is noon there. At 5 PM here it is 10 PM there.

I leave at 6:30 AM from Omaha, fly to Minneapolis and then to JFK, where I will meet up with a three-person team from Farmersville, TX. We fly through the night to Dakar.

We are scheduled to arrive at about 8:00 AM in Dakar (3 AM here). Unfortunately, they rescheduled our flight to Ziguinchor to leave at 8 AM, so we will likely have to wait until the afternoon flight, which will also likely mean we will not be able to shop until Thursday. If there is any way the 8 AM flight could be delayed and we could get on it, it would be a wonderful thing. But we learn to take whatever God give us!


No comments:

Post a Comment