Tuesday, December 26, 2017

2018 Bible Reading Plan - Chronological Bible Readings



Another year has come to an end and it is time to start a new year. I considered just redoing the plan from last year  - readings from the OT, the NT, from the Psalms and the Proverbs. We have done that two of the three years that we have done this program.

After a lot of prayer and thought, I made a decision I may regret! I decided to do something brand new, a chronological Bible reading plan. We will read the Bible as it happened, from Genesis to Revelation.

I have used the standard Old Testament plan that was developed and is used by almost all of the chronological plans. However, I have made a significant change. The Old Testament makes up 3/4 of the Bible by volume, so most of the plans spend January through September in the OT, then October through December in the NT. I took the nine-month Old Testament plan and worked it into six months. A couple of years ago, I developed my own six-month New Testament reading plan. So, we will spend half the year in the Old Testament and half in the New.

That means that there will be a few days in the Old Testament section that have lengthier readings. If the reading is more than about 5 chapters, I will try to include a "focus" section for those who are a little busier and can't read the whole thing.

One reason I was nervous about doing this is that my schedule is very full this year. If I did the repeats of last year, I would be able to simply copy and paste previous devotionals when I am busy or traveling to Africa or some such thing.

It is possible that there may be days that you open this up and all you find is the Scripture. I will try to have a devotional every day, but if I don't, you can at least just read God's word and meditate on it yourself.

There is no better way to grow in Christ than to consistently read God's word. This is a different approach that I hope will be a blessing to you.

PLEASE - if you have time to either read the WORD or read my DEVOTIONAL - read what God says. He has so much more to say than I do!




No comments:

Post a Comment